Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Result of WEW #17

I can't believe I did it again - late, late, late!  But better than never. Next week we'll do an exercise with alliteration.
WEW #17
Prompt: fireworks, caterwauling, peace
Result:
“Climb every mountain,” Aunt Pearl started singing.
“For the love and peace of Pete,” Grandma hollered.
I knew what was coming next. I climbed up into the chair with the burgundy blanket. I had my drink and a snack – I was ready for the fireworks to begin.
“Forge every stream,” Aunt Pearl continued.
“If you don’t quiet your caterwauling,” Grandma yelled, “I’ll quit it for ya.”
Grandpa leaned over to me. “Do ya got your earplugs?”
I opened my hand and showed them to him.
“Follow every rainbow…”
“Now!” Grandpa said.
We made it just in time for the last line and the high note.
Grandma scowled. “Pearl, you are gonna be the death of me yet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment