Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Writing Exercise Wednesday #52

Well, I made it, I did it, 52 writing exercises. One a week for a year. Almost all of them on time! This is the last writing exercise. Unless I get a flood of people begging me to continue. hahahahahahahaha  I'm a funny girl.  ANYWAY, I've enjoyed the exercises. It kept me writing when I didn't want to write. It made me go on. And I always have fun doing it no matter how it turns out. And that's an excellent thing. Thanks for viewing and if in the future you need a writing exercise idea, feel free to come back. I may keep the blog going with other stuff but just not sure yet. But, it's been fun. Let's do it again sometime. :-D  

Prompt: Fuse, community, proceed, towel

Result:

I got a frantic call last night from my best friend Cynthia. This is how it went.

Cynthia: Hannah!
Me: What's the matter? Are you okay?
Cynthia: No. (sobbing)
Me: Tell me.
Cynthia: I just colored my hair.
Me: With that new box from the store? That was a great color. Didn't it turn out?
Cynthia: I don't know.
Me: What do you mean? What's it look like?
Cynthia: I can't tell.
Me: Cyn.
Cynthia: I was drying my hair with a towel and I tied it around my head.
Me: And?
Cynthia: It fused to my hair.
Me: What! The towel is fused to your hair? Seriously?
Cynthia: Y-yes.
Me: Oh my god!
Cynthia: That's what I said.
Me: Don't move. I'll be right there.

I rounded up the girls and the four of us formed a community of beauticians around Cynthia. Her mother would have killed her, so we had to fix this crisis ourselves.

We proceeded to cut the hair where it wasn't attached to the towel. There was a nasty burnt smell to it. When we were done, her hair was uneven everywhere.

Hannah decided we could give her a new haircut. So we washed out her hair and snipped away. Each of us taking a turn. Sometimes in a crisis situation, I get a nervous laugh. But I was very proud of myself that I managed to hide it whenever it bubbled up. Especially not knowing if her mom was going to walk in or her nosy little sister.

We stepped back and all of us gasped. Hannah was terrified. I gave her a smile and the mirror.

Her jaw fell open.
She looked beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment