Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Writing Exercise

It's been awhile since I've posted a writing exercise. I was missing them and it's good for a pick-me-up. Enjoy or play along!

Prompt: dismiss, Prince Charming, thrust, watch
 
    To be thrust into the spotlight is not an easy thing to get used to. Here I am, mild-mannered George, minding my own business. The next thing I know, Carlotta has volunteered me to play Prince Charming. How could I ever get on stage? All those eyes watching, waiting for me to mess up. Especially my sister Amelia. And I’ll bet she’ll film it to embarrass me more. If that’s possible.
    I asked to be dismissed from the 7th grade production. Well, actually, I begged. It wasn’t pretty. Mrs. Happe ignored my plea. Which is how I’m used to getting by, being ignored. Carlotta has been campaigning to play Cinderella for the past two months. Why did she do this to me? Why?!

No comments:

Post a Comment