Saturday, September 30, 2017

Writing Exercise - TWO!

This is for August and September. No excuses, although I'm sure I have some, just catch up time. Now you can have twice the fun - grab some words and jump in! These are also not edited or rewritten ever, just whatever pops out at the time. Can't say they're always good, but it's so fun to see how differently people use the same words.

Words: anger, spotty, insurance, fabulous

            Driving on the wrong side of the road is just weird. My brain does not work that way. You think there’s no road rage in London? You’d be wrong. SO wrong.
            The anger that seeped out of the English gentleman, well, let’s just say I can no longer call him a gentleman. Bloke, perhaps. Spotty bloke, at that.
            I didn’t think to get an international drivers license. Or extra insurance for this trip. Last minute, exciting, spontaneous trip. I prefer spontaneous to impulsive, less negative connotation.
            So I’m meeting my fabulous new English friend for lunch and on the way I might have caused a slight fender bender. Nobody’s car was totaled, although you’d think so the way this jerk is carrying on. And I can’t understand half of what he’s saying because he’s talking too fast.
            I call my fabulous friend and she comes to help translate. And once she arrives and gets everything calmed down and sorted out, she goes off to lunch with this spotty, blokey jerk! And I heard something about Damn Yanks. So I called after them, “It’s Damn Yankees to you!”
            Only ten more glorious days of holiday here. Off to a smashing start. Quite literally.


Words: near, attract, knot, zesty

             Note to self: when there’s a knot in a tree and big hole beside it, DO NOT stick your hand in the hole! I mean it. Doesn’t matter if the lovely buzzing sound attracts you. Resist it. Do not think of the sweet and smooth honey that could come from that humming hole. No, no matter how good that honey would taste on toast with butter. Or how perfect it would make your zesty honey mustard sauce. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT look inside the hole after you’ve stuck your hand in. Only bad things can come from it. Just ask the hospital nurse who has been so kind to you. She’ll remind you. She has the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment